Florals: Wear florals boho or festival style in bright bold colours to tap into a big trend.

Photobucket

(Dress – Primark, Shoes and bangles – Topshop, Necklace – Vintage)

Pleats: Don’t worry, not in the schoolgirl sense. Think long flowing skirts and romantic dresses: cinched in waists with pleated details are a must for Spring.

Photobucket

(Dress – Topshop)

Lace: Embrace the romantic style with lace, lace and more lace. From daring, barely there lingerie looks to sweet and pretty dresses, lace is a versatile fabric that is guaranteed to crop up every season.

Photobucket

(Jeans and bangles – Topshop, Top, shoes and hat – Primark)

Wedges: Fashion has fallen for the wedge heel. Forget tottering about on stilettos and instead head for this reliable yet stylish shoe.

Photobucket

(Top, skirt, shoes and bangles – Topshop)

Wide leg and flares: Take a break from those skinny, almost painted-on jeans and go for some universally flattering and sophisticated wide leg trousers or flares for that seventies edge.

Photobucket

(Top – River Island, Trousers and shoes – Primark)

Print: There are no limits to this mini-trend, whether its the more ‘traditional’ animal prints that made their presence known across the catwalk or the more bizarre fruit-inspired orange and banana prints seen at Dolce and Gabbana and Stella McCartney.

Photobucket

(Jumpsuit – Topshop, Shoes – Primark)

Photography: Maryam Ahmed. Model: Tegan McLeod.

Journalism up and down the country is facing a tsunami of hurdles: from evermore repressive regimes shutting down free speech to the income sources being cut off as a result of the pandemic.

For Cherwell, maintaining editorial independence is vital. There is no shady corporation funding us and demanding we paint company X, Y or Z in a positive light; we are completely student run, and thus rely on your generosity.

So, if you can, please consider donating. We know that the pandemic has hit many of us hard - including financially - so even if you can't support us monetarily, please consider sharing articles with friends, families, colleagues - it all helps!