We’ve got it in the bag

Rachel loves:

MAC Shroom eyeshadow RRP £11.50

Don’t let the modest appearance of this eyeshadow fool you – it really is a staple for any make up bag. Worn on its own it gives a simple, matt and even tone to eyelids, but it is at its best when combined with other colours of shadow. I use it blended in with darker tones with a to create a smudged, smokey eye, or to tone down a glittery shadow, such as MAC’s Gleam, to transform an evening look into something more suitable for the day-time.

Tweezerman Tweezers RRP £20

The shape of your eyebrows can change the appearance of your whole face, so it is really important that your tweezers are up to scratch! These ones from Tweezerman are nicely slanted, meaning that it’s very easy to grip on to individual hairs, and to ensure that your arch is as precise as possible. The fact that they come in a rainbow of colours is another added bonus!

Helen loves:

Vaseline Rosy Lips Lip Therapy RRP £1.99

For days when I need a dash of colour in a flash, Vaseline’s rosy lips is the answer. The classic lip balm updated with an injection of pink gives just enough shine and colour to enhance the look of your smile whilst keeping it natural and protecting you from the elements. Wear it just in the centre of your lips to create the appearance of a fuller pout.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara RRP £10.99

A good mascara is the most essential item in any girl’s make-up bag, and with each brand coming out with what seems like dozens of new formulas every year, each making more exaggerated claims than the next, choosing the right one can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Max Factor is no exception in the bold claims it makes for its False Lash Effect mascara – but this one really lives up to the hype. Just one coat and my lashes are big and bouncy, without any of those dreaded clumps. For my everyday look I prefer the black/brown version, which gives you luscious lashes without looking overdone.

And we both couldn’t live without:

Benefit High Beam RRP £18.50

Whether it’s the day after the essay crisis of the night before, or you’ve simply had one too many at the bop, there are times when everyone’s skin needs a bit of a pick-me-up. Benefit’s High Beam is like radiance in a bottle – just a drop on the top of cheekbones with a smidge under the arches of brows and this highlighter creates a pearly glow.