And so 2013 draws to a close. Cliché as it sounds, where DID the year go? I mean, it only seems like yesterday (not a year ago!) we were hitting the January sales, desperately yanking on a new pair of jeans whilst feeling the guilt of one too many mince pies…And oh look! Here we are again. But don’t worry – if the thought of hitting the shops makes you feel worse than a New Year’s hangover, you’re in luck. Below are the fashion trends and icons set to be BIG in 2014. And in honour of that change from ‘3’ to ‘4’, I’ve listed my top four predictions for each!
Happy New Year!
- Pastel colours. Last year it was dusty pink, this year it’s sugar overload with baby blues and pale yellows added to the collection.
- Bold prints. From tribal to camouflage, anything goes. Clash it, mix-it up. Does this match? – Honey, that question was so last year.
- Fringes. Don’t worry, just a trip to the shops rather than a full hair-cut! Embrace your inner bohemian with anything from fringed leather to fringed lace (yes, it is a thing!)
- Metallic. Worried about looking like December’s Christmas turkey? Opt for metallic accessories instead. Bronze heels? Yes please.
- Chloe Norgaard. If 2013 was Cara Delevingne’s year, 2014 is Chloe’s. The model’s kooky outfits and punk hair are bound to inspire.
- Alexa Chung. Following the release of her debut book, It, 2014 will see Alexa and her indie style back in the spotlight.
- Pernilla Ohrstedt. Architect turned fashionista (who would have thought!), Ohrstedt’s uber-cool style is sure to keep us guessing.
- Theo James. Dubbed the next Robert Pattinson, we’ll be seeing a lot of this actor’s sleek style in the New Year. Boys, take cue!
…And here at Cherwell Fashion, we’ve got one simple resolution: TO MAKE 2014 THE BEST YEAR IN FASHION YET!