1st Week in Fashion

‘Coming Soon To a Woman Near You’

The Most Newsworthy in Fashion and Trends

Designer Boycott – Several big name designers such as Peter Som and Brian Atwood have requested that others not stay at the Dorchester Collection hotels, branches of which are around the world. Their owner, the Sultan of Brunei, has just implemented new anti-gay laws in his country (April 22).

Proenza Schouler + MAC – arguably one of the biggest new fashion houses of the past century, Proenza Schouler, and one of the biggest brands in makeup, MAC, collaborate in a new range to be released exclusively in Selfridges this week. Both the packaging and the shades are mean to represent the aesthetic and concept of the brand’s ‘modern woman’.

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG%%9484%%[/mm-hide-text]

Bringing Up Baby – no other Royal visit to Australasia would kick up nearly as much fuss as that of the debut state tip of Prince George. Everything from his backpack to his outfits have been scrutinized, perhaps even more so than that of his iconic mother, Kate. Subjecting models to criticism is one thing – but does Prince George really need this for the rest of his life?

The Three Blondes –looking for proof that no two women need have the same style? Look no further than the super-stylish red carpet looks of Kate Upton, Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann at the premieres of their new film The Other Woman, which have been occurring around the world. Have a sneak peak below:

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9485%%[/mm-hide-text] 

High Class Robbery – Following the London robbery of a Chanel store a few days ago, Dior’s flagship Paris store has also been robbed, with almost €100,000 worth of designer goods stolen. The Céline boutique was quickly hit after, with €70,000 worth of goods taken after staff were threatened with guns. The police have yet to release a public statement.